Monday, March 31, 2008

Sick


For the past week Jay and I have been sick. I am not talking a sniffle here and there but full fledged flu. *** Recent update from Doctor, flu PLUS sinus infection PLUS bronchitis. Aren't I lucky? (The picture to the right is the evil germ that got us.) I haven't been this sick since the summer from hell, 2001. We both stayed home on Wednesday feeling as though a cement truck plowed through our apartment and ran us both over, then dumped his truck load of cement on us. It was horrible. Then that night I got stomach part of the flu. That's right folks I lost 5 pounds, right into the bucket. Thursday I lost my voice, not the best thing for a girl who likes to talk. As I sit here on Monday, four days later, I am beginning to get a voice back, not mine though as I sound like a chain smoking man, but at least I can talk. Last night I felt like I was going to lose it again so Jay and I sat in the bathroom and played a game. What a great husband he is. I hope none of you get this stupid flu and from now on I will be getting my flu shot the second they announce they are available.

9 comments:

tonksfam said...

Wow, what luck (good or bad) that you both got it at the same time. I'm glad you're starting to recover, though! Good luck with the flu shot...Nate was the only one to get it in our family and he was the first one to catch the flu and spread it to us. Rob has now had the flu twice. Just a NASTY one this year. I don't think the one in your picture was ours, but there is some resemblance...maybe a cousin? I'm pretty sure ours was purple with orange spots...

Andrea said...

So sad - the flu is the worst. my kids got it and they had green stuff draining out of their eyes. Be grateful that you didn't have that!

The High Family- said...

I so sorry you guys aren't doing so hot! Get better soon! I guess you can look at the positive...you did get to spend some time with your hubby even if it was while you were alternating visiting the potty!

Natalie♥ said...

Camille Thanks for the comment I really appreciate it! I was wondering who my Washington stalker was :) How the heck are you? I can't beleive it is you, I haven't seen you forever. I will for sure give you my password. Thanks again. Natalie

Natalie♥ said...

Camille I hope I didn't sound rude when I said "Washington stalker" I just meant I have seen Washington on my site meter and because I have little girls I worried about it because I didn't know who you were, but you are completely harmless and now I feel much better about it thank you so much!

Natalie♥ said...

I look at other peoples blog a few times a day also. It is nice and quite when my kids go to bed at night and my husband works nights so I have nothing better to do! But you can go to sitemeter.com and sign up for a free one that shows you who gets on, but if you pay for one it tells you more, like what they are looking at while they are on your site. I usually don't look at everyone who gets on but if I see someone who gets on more than once a day and I don't know who it is I get worried, especially if it's someone who is from "Washington" and I don't know anyone who lives there. :) Anyway let me know if you can't figure it out I will help you with it.

Aves said...

I HATE being sick, its absolutely miserable! But I am glad you are over the worst of it. Just hold on to the fact that Summer HAS to be around the corner sometime, and hopefully no more flu being passed around! MISS YA!

Holly said...

Oh man, I sure hope you are feeling better, that is no fun at all!! Ugh. Thanks for the sweet comments... you always make my day with them! :)

Melissa said...

Camille,

I hear ya on being sick, I think our family has been hit repeatedly since Owen started nursery. Your blog is really cute by the way, I just barely started a blog and am into checking out others.