Andrea asked that I post my recipe for corned beef and cabbage but it is super easy, you follow the directions on the corned beef then cook the cabbage in the left over juices. So there you go.
I made truffles the other day and they were divine. My neighbors took some and then came back a few minutes later for more. The recipe makes about 45 truffles and you will eat them all within the 5-days that they are good for. Trust me. Is it bad that I did Turbo Jam and then ate a truffle as a reward? I added heath bars to the ganache recipe and then rolled the chocolates in crushed up toffee. I think I am going to make a ton of different kinds during General Conference. The truffles are REALLY easy, the only hard part was dipping them in chocolate, does anyone have any tricks on making this easier?

Basic Ganache
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
*The recipe calls for semisweet chocolate which I hate, so I used milk chocolate and it was divine.
Grind the chocolate in a food processor or blender until it reaches the consistency of coarse meal, about 30 seconds. Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the cream to the food processor and process until smooth, about 10 seconds.
If not using right away, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Hot Chocolate
6 cups whole milk
1 recipe of Ganache
Pinch kosher salt
In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until simmering. Add the ganache and salt and stir until smith. Serve in mugs with whipped topping.
Truffles
1 recipe Ganache
2 Tbs. butter, softened
1 cup cocoa powder
8 oz. chocolate chips (again, semisweet but I used milk chocolate)
Make the ganache and add the butter to the warm ganache still in the food processor. Process until smooth, about 10 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Put the cocoa in a large bowl.
STEP 1 Using 2 teaspons, drop rounded, heaping teaspoons of truffle mixture onto a large, parchment-lined baking sheet.
STEP 2 When all the truffles are scooped, dip them in the cocoa and use your palms to roll the truffles into smooth 1-inch balls (don't worry about making them perfect; slightly irregular truffles have an appealing homemade appearance). Transfer the truffles to the refrigerator.
Melt the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl set in a small skillet of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Transfer the bowl to a work surface.
STEP 3 Working in batches, use your fingers or a couple of forks to coat the truffles with the melted chocolate.
STEP 4 Coat the chocolates with cocoa or nuts, and return them to the baking sheet.

Let the truffles sit at room temperature at least 15-minutes before serving. If not serving right away, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they will keep for up to 5 days.


2 comments:
I use my fondue pot and freeze whatever I'm dipping - that's my only tip.
Hey Camille - Do you really have turbo jam? I totally just bought it a couple of weeks ago! How fun - maybe we will have to be WOWY buddies ;) Can't wait to try the truffles!
Post a Comment