My life-saving husband donated blood last week. I am so proud of him for donating. Did you know that 1 in 5 people will need a blood transplant at some point in their life? Anyhow, Jay donated blood and was about to enjoy cookies and juice when he passed out. That's right folks, he passed out. The way he tells it he slid off the chair (very gracefully I'm sure) hit his head on the ground (which made a very loud noise) and his glasses fell and cut his face. So he has a huge goose egg on his forehead and gash on his cheek bone. His glasses are bent and his ego is a little bruised. Apparently everyone heard the loud bang (from his head hitting the ground) and came running. He wasn't concerned that his face was bleeding or that he might have killed brain cells during his passing out, he just wanted to know when they would let him up so he could go to work. He didn't even bother calling me, his wife, to tell me about the experience. I didn't find out until I was off work and on my way to have dinner with him. But alas, if you are one of the five who needs a blood transplant please know that Jay might have risked his life for you.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Humpty Dumpty
My life-saving husband donated blood last week. I am so proud of him for donating. Did you know that 1 in 5 people will need a blood transplant at some point in their life? Anyhow, Jay donated blood and was about to enjoy cookies and juice when he passed out. That's right folks, he passed out. The way he tells it he slid off the chair (very gracefully I'm sure) hit his head on the ground (which made a very loud noise) and his glasses fell and cut his face. So he has a huge goose egg on his forehead and gash on his cheek bone. His glasses are bent and his ego is a little bruised. Apparently everyone heard the loud bang (from his head hitting the ground) and came running. He wasn't concerned that his face was bleeding or that he might have killed brain cells during his passing out, he just wanted to know when they would let him up so he could go to work. He didn't even bother calling me, his wife, to tell me about the experience. I didn't find out until I was off work and on my way to have dinner with him. But alas, if you are one of the five who needs a blood transplant please know that Jay might have risked his life for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That really is one of those moments that if I didn't just read it I would totally not have believed it. I am glad that he is okay and didn't end up needing them to give him the blood back that he just donated!!
Post a Comment