Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Shout Out

This was my little angel for the weekend. My dear friend Jade and her husband Ben went on their long over due honeymoon. This meant that Jay and I got their daughter Tonnelle for the weekend. It was great. However with Mother's Day happening on the same weekend it made me think a lot about moms. I realized what a sacrifice women make by having children. Don't get me wrong, I want kids, a lot of them. But I realized how hard it is being a mother. You don't get to sleep in whenever you want. You can't have a completely spotless house. It takes a lot longer to run errands. It's hard going to restraunts. You can't be spontaneous.
Thankfully I have a good husband. We were getting ready to go to his parents house and I had baby in hand and was walking out the door. He said "Don't you need a bottle?" Oh, right. Check. I can't just feed her Doritoes at your parents house. So we were off again. Baby and bottle in hand. Then he said, "Don't you need a diaper?" This is when I got upset. Not with him but with myself. I am supposed to be the responsible one. Why was a such a space case at this instance.
I don't know if I am ready to be a parent but then I hold a baby and my heart melts and I know I am ready, at least in a year I will be ready.

1 comment:

Justin and Barbara said...

Hey Camille! I saw your blog on Jade's. I think it is great that you watched Tonnelle so they could go on a honeymoon...you will make a great mom someday (I still forget diapers sometimes). Congrats on the new job and on a happy life!!