Thursday, October 30, 2008

Witches Hat

While I was in Idaho Falls my mom, sister and I decided to take a road trip to Salt Lake City and do some shopping. We stayed at my cousins house and she had the cutest, simplest centerpiece on her kitchen table. A witches hat. It was at that point I knew I must make my very own witches hat. So my friend Sarah and I set to work. We bought all the stuff and tonight we finally put them together. I originally just had the bow on my hat but then Sarah started making hers all sorts of cute and quickly followed suit. So, here is my masterpiece. I still need to make the table runner but that can wait until next October.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Camille! It turned out great!

Melissa said...

Looks good. Now how about inviting us around to see it and tell me how your week away was?

stevie kay said...

I think any of the Adobe programs are your best bet. Someone who is a little more familiar with Adobe or any photo editting and creating program would probably like CS2 or 3. I haven't done much in illustrator, but I'm assuming that works as well. For someone with less experience, Adobe Elements is much easier to learn (but more limited in scope, so perfectly fine for begginner and intermediate scrappers). Outside of Adobe, there are a million other programs I could never even cover all of them, but I previously used Microsoft Picture It! (which is now Digital Image Pro I believe, or something similar) and I also know Paint Shop Pro is also commonly used in the scrapping world. Best bet with any software is to get a free trial to test it and ensure it works for your needs before committing. Hope that helps :-)

stevie kay said...

Oh yeah, I did have a friend who, in her early digi scrapping days, did her layouts in Microsoft Word. So obviously anything is possible!

Chantal and Trevor Dougal said...

ha well, the symptoms are terrible pain in my head..enough to make me get dizzy and want to lose my lunch and a 3000 dollar MRI that I am not quite ready to pay for. They want me to see my third doctor who of course if they are anything like the first two will say..goodbye and good luck Not so much fun right now