Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A long awaited Tag

I was tagged a few weeks back by Jade and Debi but I couldn't think of any quirks, still can't. But alas, I will give it a shot.

The Rules:
•Link the person(s) who tagged you.
•Mention the rules on your blog.
•Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
•Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
•Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I spell things out with my fingers all day long. No, I am not a sign language interpreter I just pretend. I will spell things out in sign language when I see them, I will spell out things I am thinking, I will spell out things you are saying. It is so annoying. I didn't think anyone ever noticed until my little sister told me she does everything I do, including moving my fingers by sides all the time. She thought it was cool. Nope, just an annoying quirk.

2. I am getting better about this, but it's still a quirk. When I go to a restaurant I won't drink out of the glass without a straw. Doesn't matter how thirsty I am. Friends who have gone out to eat with me many times (Kristi) know to ask for a straw if I am in the restroom. It's sad, I'm trying to get over it. Really I am.

3. Before I go on vacation I have to clean my house. Not just straighten it up, but clean. Mop the floors, dust the house, vacuum the carpets, change the sheets, do the laundry. I tried not cleaning to this extent before our last trip and I thought about it the whole time. On the drive home I started to panic. Pathetic.

4. On the clean house note, I won't let people see my house without it clean, except the Foutches since they are always over :). A few months ago Jay and I had the flu and I had bronchitis as well. My wonderful mother-in-law offered to make us dinner, our favorite, her lasagna. It would take about an hour to cook. Instead of sleeping during that hour we mopped the floors, vacuumed the carpet, dusted, showered and lit a candle. Once again, pathetic.

5. If there is a new candy or gum out or a new way or marketing it, I have to try it. Just had Sour Mambas, pretty good. Taste the same just sour. Pomegranate gum was pretty good but it dissolved in my mouth, didn't hold it's "gum" texture. Weird.

6. I'm a horrible eavesdropper. Jay and I will be out to dinner and having a conversation and I will start telling him what the couple three tables down are talking about. I also can't help but read papers on other peoples desk. It's not my fault. Really it isn't. It all goes back to my reporter days.

I tag: Brittanie, Lacey, Katelyn, Marci, Missy, and Lyndee.

5 comments:

tonksfam said...

You thought you didn't have quarks?! You're funny ;) The whole reason I tagged you was because I could remember that time you were spotlighted at ward prayer and you started confessing all of your pet peeves. It was hilarious! And you didn't let me down, these quarks were pretty good :)

Holly said...

I always LOVE reading people's quirks! Your's are so fun!! :) No worries, we have alot of the same ones! :)

Aves said...

Hee hee, I love hearing about other people's random quirks! I have a lot of them myself. I miss you girl! What is new and different??? Email me details, its been a while since I got a real update! :)

The High Family- said...

It makes me feel better about myself that I am not the only one that has weird quirks. Ya know, come to think of it, that is probably why we are friends. We are both a little odd...in a good way!

Walkers said...

I have to think of some of my quirks now?!? Thanks a lot!