The past few weeks I have been following this amazing blog about a family coming together through difficult times. This couple, Stephanie and Christian (I have never met these people, I just came across their blog through my daily blog stalking adventures) were in a plane crash several weeks ago. They have a few beautiful children and Stephanie's sisters have all joined together to raise the children while Stephanie and Christian are recovering. They were both severely burned and go through many treatments a week. It's very moving, I shed tears each day as I read it. http://blog.cjanerun.com/
Today I found another tear shedding blog. Not that I don't have enough trials of my own and reasons to shed tears but I feel like I have become part of these families. The second blog http://sccsdecker.blogspot.com/ is just as compelling. This is about a mom who is going through tremendous medical treatments. When I first read I thought no big deal, it's life. As I continued to read I had to close out and calm myself down. I was having an anxiety attack.
As I read these two journals I grow more thankful for the gospel. The family in the first blog is LDS. They talk about the gospel in each post. They talk about priesthood blessings and the power of prayer. I feel at peace when I read this one. You can tell they are at peace, albiet scared, they are comforted. I don't know about the second family. They don't mention any sort of religion and from what I can tell they aren't LDS. I don't feel that same sense of peace. My heart breaks and I just want to tell them about the priesthood and the gospel and that no matter what happens families are forever.
So through this all way am I freaking out that it will happen to me rather than counting my blessings?
If you are going to read these posts, make sure you start at the beginning of the story and plan to have several hours and tissues on hand.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hey girl! I've heard of the blogs you are talking about, I am afraid to check them out because I will most likely get sad and emotional. Anyway, how are you? You emailed me a while back, and I emailed back forever ago... I hope you got it. Anyway, how are you? You doing ok, feeling ok? Email me would ya. I've been worried. Anyway, I miss your face. My life is nothing but the same old crap. Love ya!
I hear you, sistah! The Gospel bring such peace and comfort in difficult times. Thank you for recommending these blogs. Hope you're doing well!
I have read that first blog and it makes me cry every time I read it. It is so true that there is such peace in the knowledge that we have. Love and miss you!
Camille, I have to restrain myself from reading cjane every day. It's amazing and I always end up crying! I just look at Seth and laugh at how emotional I am.
HI MRS RIGBY!!
Can't wait to see you on Thursday night.
I'll get a straw for your water!!!
Post a Comment