Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time...

Jay and I bought pool passes this summer and we love them. We have been three times so far, only twice more and they are paid for. Today I learned that Jay didn't think we would actually use them. Silly man, I want a tan! We go with some friends that live nearby and basically mooch off their children. The pool is a lot more fun when there are kids to play with.

Today Lauryn (our cute neighbor) didn't want to get in the pool, therefore, Jay was pouting. He told me "I need someone to play with". He was so sad. He used her sister Brooklyn to splash water all over Lauryn until finally she gave in. Lauryn decided she did want to play in the water and this made Jay very happy.

The kids all have fun with Jay. Last week Ambree decided to dump water on Jay's head, this kept her entertained while her parents went down the water slides. He is going to make such a great dad one day. For the time being he can entertain the neighbor kids and I can catch up with the girls and get a tan.


For those who have been concerned about my phone... it works! Some good friends of mine told me dunk it in rubbing alcohol and then wait for it to dry. It turned out great.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh - how fun! It looks like you had a blast. Yeah for the nursery kids! They should put your hubby in nursery with you too so he can play with the little ones. Have fun in Moscow. Good luck with your tan! oh BTW, we are going to Sandpoint this weekend - and will be there for 3 weeks - we just ended up moving to Seattle earlier than planned!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are finally getting some warm weather for swimming! That looks like a lot of fun!

The Buck's said...

The reason you haven't been able to use it is because it is almost July and the weather is FINALLY getting nicer! Sounds like you all had a great time though! Enjoy the sun!

Aves said...

So funny, mooching off the kids for a pool.. that is so me! i love summer and sun, and since its been nice I can't get enough of it. I just got back from California and its not just the weather that's hot... wink wink. Miss and love ya!

Andy and Lynne said...

you guys need to move here, you can totally borrow my kids anytime!:) looks like so much fun!