We were hanging out in the living room when we looked out the window and saw baby ducks swimming in the pond. I grabbed the camera and ran outside to take pictures. Tyler and Jay were already outside saving the ducks from the dogs. Unfortunately the dogs had already gotten to two of the babies but they were able to save the momma duck and her five other ducklings. 
We thought they were safe until they waddled to the neighbors and their two dogs (we call them raccoons) attacked the ducks again. We told the neighbor and she got her dogs in the house. Momma duck and three babies made it to the big pond across the street but there were still two missing. I was devastated. It's the hormones, don't judge me. Steve (Jay's dad) saved one duck and Jay and Tyler discovered the last duckling back in our pond. They saved the day again and all six ducks were reunited! We could hear Momma duck giving the baby ducklings a major lecture.


8 comments:
awww! what a sad yet happy story! I'm so glad the boys could save so many!
cool...more to shoot come hunting season. ;-)
Oh my gosh that is awesome. I want to come and see them!!! We saw lots of those about this time when we were living in Minnesota last summer and I miss them so much! The mother ducks are sooo protective though. They would quack at me even if I was just on my jog running by them!
Oh my gosh, I would have felt the same way!! I am so glad that most of them were saved... and I would have been emotional too, and I don't have an excuse! How are you feeling by the way? And where are the pictures of your cute self??? I want updates. Miss you girl :)
That's horrible man.
I would've been upset too.
stupid dogs! why can't they just let little duck be? I'm glad al lthe rest made it back together safely.
That story almost made me cry and I'm not even pregnant. Cute pictures!
I prefer ducks over dogs so you can guess which side I am on.
I just added you to my blog roll. I can't believe your name wasn't there already. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment