Monday, October 29, 2007

No Crickets Allowed!

This past week I have found more crickets in my home then I have ever seen in my entire life. I hate crickets. They are black and creepy looking, plus they make a chirping noise just as you are getting ready to fall asleep. This summer we had one sitting right outside our window that would chirp and chirp to his hearts content. I tried being optimistic about it and named him Ricky. I would nicely ask Ricky to stop chirping so I could sleep and occassionally he would actually concede. This past week I think Ricky has decided since he has a name, he has a home and has invited all his relatives and friends in to live as well.

Poor Jay gets home from work and there are upside down glasses with little cricket bugs under them, all over our house. His job is to get rid of the crickets. Jay even found one on me one night. I am not sure what to do, but I have to get the message across that crickets are not allowed in my home.

3 comments:

Fosburg Four said...

Camille...when we lived there, we always got infested this time of year. It was annoying. I don't even know how they get in.

anyway, YOU GOT MARRIED!!!! That's great! We are so happy for you! How's life? What is your husband like? Does he treat you well? If he doesn't I'll send Baeya after him. :)

Anonymous said...

lol!
I love this story. I can picture jay coming home from work and finding all those cups upside down. so funny!
did you see the best friend forever blogger award I gave you? it's on my blog! come and get it!
ps- I'll miss you!

The High Family- said...

Oh my gosh... you are so much like me. I do not like any little bug, spider, rodent...or anything of the sort. I make Cameron kill everything unless I absolutely have to do it. Cups are a good idea...I stick to bowls or Dallin thinks we should keep them as a pet because he can see through the glass.