Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Week in Review

What a wonderful Thanksgiving break. I was able to spend time with my husband and my family, two things I can never get enough of. Greg and Britt finally had their so my parents came to spend time with their new beautiful granddaughter. My dad snuck away a few times to go visit Anilyn claiming he was getting WD40 for my squeeky door. I put up my Christmas Tree and decorations (finally! I've been ready since Halloween). I love this time of year, everyone is so nice and chipper.

While my family was here we made a trip down to Lewiston to look at the lights. My mom LOVES Christmas lights and her favorite thing to do is drive around looking at them. She was in awe of the lights at Locomotive Park.
We spent Thanksgiving with the Rigby's this year. It was a blast. We ate dinner at 2 when the turkey was supposed to be done, but the turkey didn't join us until 5. I actually have decided this is the best way to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. We ate tons at 2, had pie at 3, had turkey and stuffing at 5. I never felt over stuffed and I was able to enjoy all my favorites. We played lots of games and I somehow Steve and I tied in Dominoes. He cheats though, so really I won.

My favorite part of the week was Black Friday. I love shopping and somehow getting up at 3:30 a.m. doesn't bother me this one day a year. I wasn't that impressed with the ads this year, but that didn't stop me from standing in freezing cold lines waiting to get in the stores. I don't think Jay would have married me if he would have known what he was getting into.

2 comments:

The High Family- said...

I am so happy that you got to see your family. That must have been wonderful. I also love that you separated your thanksgiving feast into different times...I bet that made it so much more enjoyable. Oh ya, I love that you went shopping at 3:30. I did as well. Yes, I am pregnant and crazy. Really, I did save a lot of money and Cameron watched the boys so I could nap when I got home. Hope you both are good. Come and visit!!(Love your hat!)

Natalie and Boys said...

How fun. Tell the family I said hi. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving.