Sunday, July 17, 2011

26.2


A few months ago Jay decided to run a marathon. He started the intense training and discovered he really didn't like running. He did it though. On July 4 he ran a full 26.2 miles in Portland, OR at his first and he claims last, marathon. I am so proud of him. When Madi saw her daddy she ran to him all smiles and he carried her to the finish line. Way to go honey!

4 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

Wow! Way to go Jay! It is obvious your girls are so proud of you:)

Brittney said...

Yay Jay! Way to finish your goal even though you didnt really like it. I dont really think I want to do a marathon again either... but I am intrigued with the idea of triathalons.... maybe a sprint or olympic- greg and I are thinking about finding one so we'll let you know the scoop if youre interested. If nothing else it would give us an excuse to spend a weekend with you and C :) good job

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

That's amazing, to nt like running and still doing a marathon. Wow what an accomplishment. Hope you guys are doing great.

Goody said...

This still blows my mind! You're freaking amazing J! And since you swam for years and aren't best friends with running (probably because you kicked its butt!) I was gonna suggest a triathlon as well and see what you thought ;-) And biking? Hello! Who biked from end to end and back again of the Parkway practically everyday? Not to mention that 80 mile bike ride at Bear Lake where you were, what, one of three to actually finish? I'm just saying! Well, I guess we're all saying we know you can do it, it's just whether or not you want to ;)

Btw, I love the pic of you carrying Madi to the finish line!